Thursday, January 19, 2017

January 19th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Basic Open Guard: Maintaining the position, Tripod Sweep
Partner: Bob, Ben

Was especially paying attention to what Greg taught today because I have to teach this class tomorrow.  I'm thinking about doing the Tripod sweep too and adding in the omoplata with probably a mention of sickle sweep. 

Rolling: Open Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Ben, Tom, Justin

Had some good rolling.  For the most part I was able to maintain open guard, but did have to turtle once for Tom when I failed a triangle attempt.  He's pretty good at posturing through that.  X-Pass has been pretty reliable the last couple of days for getting around the basic open guard after I stuff their free leg between my legs.

Justin did a good job in our free roll of getting to the open guard position at the start of our roll, I was pretty surprised he went there.  All of the guys in the day classes are getting more difficult to submit.  Maybe they're just getting used to the things that I'm good at.

Office Hours Partner: Justin

After class Justin and I rolled a bit and I gave him a little tutorial on S-Mount and how crappy it is to be under it.  In our next roll, I went to s-mount but he got his arm free but as he pushed up with his other arm I switched sides to attack that one.  We then talked about keeping elbows in and bridging and escaping without using the arms that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment