Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 31st 2017 - No Gi All Levels (Deep Thoughts in Deep Half)

Theme & Techniques: Closed Guard: Break to Double Unders, Stacking Variation on the Pass, Kimura from Guard
Partner: Justin

My nuts had a tough time during the guard break today.  Usually I don't have any issues but this particular guard break was uncomfortable every time. 

Greg gave an alternative way to stack for the double under pass where you grab their shoulder to keep them from shoulder walking and then stack and get way under them. I'll have to play with it more but I think it has some potential.

Rolling: Closed Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Justin, Jeff, Morgan, Ben

My goal from top was to complete a tozi pass and I didn't complete any of them.  I had a hard time keeping my head in place next to theirs. I don't consider it a wasted effort though.

From the bottom I played some Z-Guard and hunted for triangles.  I also setup a few kimura traps and ended up in 50/50 and other leg entanglements.

While stretching I spaced out a bit contemplating what to tell Ben about defending the kimura from deep half. Greg noticed and we got off on a tangent about deep thoughts with Jack Handy.  I guess Deep Thoughts from Deep Half with Josh Cather would be a decent podcast title.




No comments:

Post a Comment