Saturday, January 28, 2017

January 28th 2017 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Josh J, Ben, Daniel, Mike A, Will
Game Plan: Bottom - Half Guard Sweeps, Top - NS Choke

Had a good day of rolling that kicked my butt.  The roll with Will especially took its toll as I had to dig deep a couple times to keep going.  Mike also gave me a tough roll but I took advantage of him getting over being sick.

I found several opportunities to attempt the NS choke mostly because I wanted to try the way Marcelo teaches it. The main difference being that he keeps his head on his opponent's chest where I usually put my head behind their shoulder on the floor.  I can't seem to make his work as well for me and I'm not sure if I should keep trying it or just accept that my way is better for me.

I gave out a few pointers to Josh. Shared some of my bridging "secrets" which seemed to trigger a light bulb moment.  I enjoy seeing that happen as an instructor. We also worked on some cross guard when someone stands up in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment