Wednesday, January 4, 2017

January 4th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Head Lock Escape to Back Mount, Kneeling Guard Break to Knee Slide
Partner: Tom, John

The thing that came out of drilling today was a discussion about arm placement during the knee slide.  Jerad likes to keep a hold of keep his elbow on the outside by the hip where I was releasing one lapel and bringing my elbow across their hips.  We didn't determine which one was better by any means and goes to personal preference.  Jerad's prevented someone putting their knee over your forearm but may allow a little more space for the passee to put in an underhook. 

Rolling: Closed Guard
Rolled With: John, Jerad

Good rolling like always.  John gives me some different looks on guard passing and retention.  I'm glad he's been attending some day classes lately.  I tried really hard to setup the z-guard on Jerad and got close to sweeping him with it.  He hopped around a bit and fought off my knee grip and pushed my head away.  I've got to watch some more Faria to see what he does when he meets that type of adversity.

Office Hours Partner: John, Tom

Worked with John and Jordan on shin to shin to single leg x.  They both seemed like they didn't have much experience with it, so it made me happy to introduce them to it.  With Tom I tried out a omoplata sweep to step over to the spiral armbar position.  This may be my goto technique to attempt for a while as I like the idea of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment