Friday, January 20, 2017

January 20th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Basic Open Guard: Maintaining the position, Tripod Sweep, Sickle Sweep
Students: Jesus, Matt, Quinton, David (New)

David did pretty well for this being his first class.  Like I said in my last post, I would consider the basic open guard to be advanced basics.   I enjoyed teaching the sickle sweep and it seemed like everyone got it pretty well.

Rolling: Open Guard

I didn't get to roll during this time due to even numbers.  The skill levels of everyone was evident though while watching everyone roll.  It was a tell on who has played more guard with Jesus and Quinton having some success with it but Matt and David were getting passed relatively easily.  I was really impressed with Jesus, looks like he's figuring stuff out.  I remember getting frustrated with strong wrestlers coming in on their first day and giving me trouble and a few months into blue belt I felt like I started figuring things out. 

Office Hours Partner: David, Quinton

Rolled a few times after class but it wasn't enough to be fulfilling. I'll have to make it up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment