Friday, January 6, 2017

January 6th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Head Lock Escape to Back Mount, Kneeling Guard Break to Knee Slide, Knee Wedge Guard Break
Students: Jesus, Craig, Ryal, Matt, Morgan, Jess

Got to teach this morning and was happy to see a good size class for a Friday morning.  I had them do the standing guard break drill where one partner just did the standing part 10 times in a row.  This drill helped me immensely with my guard passing when we did it in competition classes in the past.  I added in the knee wedge guard break that I usually call the violator.  I think it lends itself especially well to transition right into knee slide pass.  It went pretty well but like usual a few people had trouble getting their knee in the right place.

Rolling: Guard Up/Down/Out
Rolled With: Everyone

Saw some good rolls and people attempting the standing guard break and knee slide.  I saw some successes and a lot of good hand fighting.  I witnessed Jess pull off a cross guard omoplata sweep.  Something that we worked on recently.  Gives me warm and fuzzy instructor feelings seeing someone complete a technique that I taught them.  I don't remember doing anything out of the ordinary during rolling, I mostly attempted the standing guard break and knee slide.

Office Hours Partner: Morgan, Jess

Had a good couple of rolls with Morgan, then watched him and Jess roll.  Talked about Jess leaning forward to much allowing for people to put on kimuras.  We talked a bit about tournament rules and scoring and likes and dislikes about submission only vs points.

No comments:

Post a Comment