Thursday, May 5, 2016

May 5th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Seio Nage, Back Mount Cross Collar Choke, Guillotine from Guard
Partner: Bob

Bob gave me a few pointers on the shoulder throw, one being to turn my pinky in while putting their arm on the bicep. I returned the favor with some details on the ground.

Rolling: Back Mount, Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Bob, Jesus, Harvey, Ben

As usual I attempted the techniques of the week. I was able to pull off a guillotine but didn't create the opportunity for the cross collar.

Office Hours Partner: Harvey, Greg

Greg asked me to roll to which I gave an emphatic "Yes!"  I feel like I did pretty well considering I have no idea what effort Greg was putting into his performance.  A couple of positive things happened for me.  From mount/quarter guard I transitioned into deep half and almost swept.  From there we moved into an inverted position where I had some paths to the back but couldn't figure it out.  I almost passed with an x-pass but was too far away to seal the deal.  I spent a lot of time in the bottom of side control and knee on belly and then he finished me twice from back mount and getting an arm trapped for the RNC.

In the middle of the roll I realized that everyone was watching us which maybe added a little pressure to at least give a good show.  Dave afterward gave me a lot of praise for making it look like I was doing Jiu-Jitsu against Greg (he said it nicer than that).

No comments:

Post a Comment