Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 31st 2016 - Drilling Open Mat, Gi All Levels

Drilling Open Mat
I worked on some deep half to waiter sweep and helped some of the other guys out with it too.  It felt pretty smooth today.

Theme & Techniques: O-Soto Gari, Half Guard Knee Slide Pass, Turtle Granby Roll, Turtle to Crucifix
Partner: Darijo

Darijo and I went back and forth with the kazushi on o-soto gari, I was already impressed with his, but felt like his timing of stepping and turning the wheel was just a little off.

For the half guard pass the major thing we improved on was getting the underhook and driving the shoulder to take up the space. I would also often transition right into the spiral armbar after getting to side control.

Granby is always pretty easy for me so I liked the addition of the crucifix setup. I'd worked on it a few times but I really felt like I understood it today for the first time.

Rolling: Half Guard, Half Guard KOTM

It was so hot and I was sweating so much that my gi was drenched, so I changed out with my spare gi top from the car.

Had quite a few good rolls. A couple times I felt like a professional bull rider as I tried to take the back of some of the bigger guys. Jerad gave me a hard time when I attempted to pass his half guard. It turned into a game of strategy and he eventually got the advantage and swept me.




No comments:

Post a Comment