Saturday, August 13, 2016

August 13th 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Mike A, Josh J, Craig, Adam, Justin
Game Plan: Be Assertive, Push the Pace, Strive for the Top

Had a good session but I'm feeling sore from a tough week of training.  Hopefully my body adjusts or I may need to pace myself a little more.  I feel like I am breaking down some mental blocks and already seeing some improvements.

Had quite a few scrambles today due to always striving for top position.  The spiral armbar is finally starting to come together as I finished it a couple times this week. Mount in general has been my attacking position rather than side control lately.

Adam was a tough roll as usual and while I had some success from top once the tables turned I was unable to stop his progress. I had to be patient while attempting to pass Mike's guard and had some interesting scrambles after that.

Besides rolling I also practiced the back mount hand fighting and played with the crucifix setup that I posted yesterday.

I worked with Josh on setting up the cross guard from an open guard and defending the NS choke. I walked Justin through the over/under pass.  Craig was working on mounted triangle to armbar and felt better about that than trying to hook up the triangle, and I agree.

I've drilled the video below a few times a d like the simplicity of it. Previously I was trying to accomplish the same thing by inverting but I would usually get smashed.


No comments:

Post a Comment