Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 24th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Guillotine Defense from Guard, Straight Footlock
Partner: Chris C

Been getting over a cold still this week and felt like my breathing was labored more than usual during warm-ups and rolling.  Hopefully it doesn't last too much longer.

Tips on the techniques of the week:
  • Guillotine Defense: When doing this technique it's important that you get ahead of the person attempting to do the choke.  You need to grab over their shoulder and get your hips up on your terms.  (See video below).
  • Straight Footlock: I'm finding that getting their toes in the right place in my armpit is the biggest measure of how successful I'll be with this technique.  Now I just need to get better at putting them there.

Rolling: Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Chris, Jordan, Evan

Did my best to apply my mantras to my rolling.  I feel like I'm getting a better workout each class lately by not being as lazy but getting over being sick may also have something to do with that.

Office Hours Partner: Jordan, Jerad

Wanted to welcome Jordan to the blue belt appropriately and it's keeping in line with my upping aggression recently.  Jerad and I had a good roll where I felt a little more in control than previously.  We ended up in a few situations that we usually don't, I just wanted to avoid being mounted. 



The video of the day is an instructional on the guillotine defense.  It shows how it can actually work on a world class black belt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment