Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August 30th 2016 - No Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Standing Guard Break to Split Pass
Partner: Justin

As Greg put it we did a guard break that favors speed.  Grab the biceps and jump to the feet.  If they grab the ankles do sumo steps.  Reach back (which is usually inadvisable but with posture it's okay) and break their legs apart.  Then we stapled and worked on the involuntary yoga position that is known as the split pass.  The things that I focused on most was making sure my knee and toes were on the floor of my staple leg and to get my back leg out behind me and straight.

Rolling: Guard Up/Down/Out
Rolled With: Everyone

Had a blast playing guard today and worked a lot of different things.  Had some close calls and prevented some close guard passes.  From the bottom, I used some guillotines/hip bump/kimura combinations, also did some K-guard and only really ran into leg locks with Greg and John.  From top I had success with the double under guard break a few times other times I acted when people opened their guards.

Office Hours Partner: Justin

Went over the hip bump/kimura/guillotine with Justin as a viable starting point from closed guard.  He let me do some active drilling with K-Guard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment