Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 25th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Guillotine Defense from Guard, Straight Footlock: Setup from Guard and Escape
Partner: Bhuvana, Sara

Had a good time with my partners as we handed off Sara's daughter while the other 2 drilled.  For me I worked on trying to get the foot placement into my armpit as smooth as possible.  I need some more work on the hooking escape as I feel like I could kick someone in the face during live rolling.  I usually only escape by sitting on the foot.  

Rolling: Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Sara, Tyler, Shane

Rolled with a few weight challenged people in Sara and Tyler who are both still dangerous but I feel like I have to watch my pressure but be super technical at the same time.  Had a good roll with Shane too.  Had a little success with the footlock setup but had to switch to a guard pass a few times instead.  A few of my partners attempted it on me too which was good to see.

Office Hours Partner: Mike G

Did a few rolls with Mike and then went over both passing and maintaining butterfly guard.  I feel like I've given this mini-class often lately because it's mostly how we start a roll.  One person sits in butterfly the other kneels or stands.  I'm not sure if this is covered during beginner class much beyond butterfly sweep.  So I try to put across what I think is important grips and what I avoid from top and bottom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment