Saturday, August 6, 2016

August 6th 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Tyler, Derek, Josh J, Anthony, Justin

Tyler: He is developing a really good guard and it takes a lot of mental power for me to try to pass while not getting swept or my back taken.

Derek: Super tough to deal with and gave me a run for my money.  I need to figure out some answers to rolling with him. I did some good things swept from deep half an attempt at NS choke but eventually I gassed and lost position and he eventually choked me from the back. I'm going to put some effort into figuring out the bigger and more athletic guys.

Josh J: Had a super long roll with him and had to dig deep a few times to avoid bad positions.  He's getting quite good at defending my goto moves, I'll have to throw some new stuff into the mix.

Anthony: Worked on setting up baseball bat choke and using an underhook from bottom side control. There were a couple times where he had the underhook right after I passed his guard but was susceptible to the cross face.

Justin: Rolled some rounds of gi and no gi and had a good discussion about overcoming wrestling habits and passing butterfly guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment