Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August 16th 2016 - No Gi All Levels


Theme & Techniques: Knee Wedge Closed Guard Break to Knee Over Pass
Partner: Justin

Greg is back to teaching on Tuesday's and we had a big class of 12 to welcome him back.  We worked on holding the biceps and wedging the knee up the middle of closed guard to break it open.  With Justin's short legs I had to make sure everything was lined up perfectly.  It gave me a little more confidence in the technique.

Rolling: KOTM Closed Guard


Got some good rolling in with the addition challenge of Greg and Henry in the mix.  Guard is not my strong suit in no gi and had some scrambles that exposed that.  I did feel good about how I dealt with the scrambles that I got into in working to get to the top.  Had a few sweeps, some triangles, and attempted back takes that turned into scrambles sweeps.

Office Hours Partner: Mike, Greg

Mike and I rolled after class and it was great exercise for me on the bottom trying to get a hold of him.  Greg showed us a guard called K-guard which is pretty close to no gi cross guard so I'm all over it.  I've been doing something close to this but trying to control the arm like I do in cross guard is exceedingly difficult in no gi.  I know I say this a lot but I am going to research this as a viable guard for me in no gi. 


No comments:

Post a Comment