Wednesday, August 3, 2016

August 3rd 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Kesa Gatame Bridge Over Escape, Closed Guard Triangle Setup
Partner: Evan

Evan is starting to become a daytime regular, always glad to have more people in the day classes to keep them going strong.  Hopefully Nick will be back soon.

While demonstrating the triangle I was starting to feel like going out. He didn't have it locked up but we were in the position a while while he explained things. During drilling I mostly gave advice to Evan to raise his hips more or grab my wrist instead of sleeve.  He did fine though.  Had to eventually switch places with Jordan so Evan because my shoulders were a little wide for him to triangle.

Rolling: Closed Gaurd, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Jerad, Evan, Jordan

Rolling went as expected.  Jerad passed my guard a few times, I came close to passing his guard and avoided getting swept.  Gave Evan a few pointers but also worked on setting up the triangle.

Office Hours Partner: Jerad

Felt like I held my own with Jerad or at least did better than I have been.  Before we started I did a little face wipe and said something like "no thinking".  We ended up in some of the same spots as usual and I had some success using his gi for bikini guard.  My main focus was to try to avoid mount at all costs which helped I think but he finally got it and put in his deep collar grip. I tapped before he finished the choke because I started to gag.

We talked about things I could do better after and he suggested that I work on just trying to go faster during transitions.


No comments:

Post a Comment