Friday, August 26, 2016

August 25th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Guillotine Defense from Guard, Straight Footlock: Setup from Guard and Escape
Partner: Derek M

Another small morning class but it was cool that Derek decided to get out of bed and join us.  Nothing new to report on the techniques of the day, we got through them all pretty quickly and left more time for rolling.

Rolling: Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Derek, Jesus, Conan

Did some good guard work with Derek.  We had some sweeps and some passes and all together a good roll.  I made the comment that he was making me work harder than I'm used to on a Friday morning.  Which is not entirely true because Conan and I have had some wars.  Rolled a bit with Jesus and talked him through some passing stuff.  Conan helped him quite a bit with toreando pass. 

Conan and I discussed preventing the over/under and long step pass with pushing their head to the side with a straight arm.  Gave me some food for thought.  Then we rolled a few good rounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment