Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 2nd 2016 - No Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Neon Belly Escape to Dog Fight, Smash Pass
Partner: Tom

We did a knee on belly escape where you place your near hand on their knee and move yourself away.  As the knee falls to the floor we shot for an underhook and came up to an elbow looking to get to the dog fight position.  From there we went for the far leg for the double leg to get to smash position followed by windshield wiper or a transition into mount. 

Rolling: KOB, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Tom, Tim, Frank, Mike

Some interesting things happened with knee on belly.  I was able to setup the north south choke quite a few times as people tend to focus more on the knee.  Tim did a pretty good job of going for a single leg and we ended up in kind of a scrambly position where I was trying to get to the other side while he hung on to my leg.  Both times ended up okay for me but I would have liked to find a way to avoid it completely.

Mike and I had a tough roll and because he's preparing for MMA there were a few times he would mimic punching when he was in a good position for it.  Didn't mind and I think it's a good idea for him to be looking for that.  Had some good leg lock exchanges.  I need to put some more time into figuring out leg lock positions in the near future.

Office Hours Partner: Tom

Had a good roll that ended with a Japanese necktie.  So we worked on that for a while with Mike's help.  I'm really liking this technique and I can see replacing the darce with it especially if I don't feel like I can get to my bicep.

I'm honored to announce a meme featuring this blog posted by Henry on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment