Friday, July 29, 2016

July 29th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Kesa Escape to Back Mount, Kneeling Guard Break, Knee Slide Pass
Partner: Shane

Evan showed up for class again and seems to be enjoying Jiu-Jitsu.  I worked with Shane similarly to Nick the week before.  He's great with being direct and good pressure.  He had some great things to say about our school and our purple belts and we got a bit on the topic of how they're all great in their own unique way. 


Rolling: Closed Guard, Kesa Gatame, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Shane, Evan, Conan

Shane and I both were better with our guards than our ability to pass them this morning.  We both got a couple of sweeps but couldn't pass the others guard.  One of the things I noticed he does differently and works well is he likes to push on the side of my head to limit my mobility.  I was a little more determined to make my cross guard work today and played a little more rough with it on Shane and Conan.  This may be the time that I start putting a little more omph into this technique as I've been trying to make it so perfect lately that I think I just need to also impose my will a little more.

Evan did well with kesa position with a little bit of couching trying to help him figure out what the desired outcomes would be.  Someday I may look into this position further but for now I completely hate it from both top and bottom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment