Wednesday, July 27, 2016

July 27th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Kesa Escape to Back Mount, Kneeling Guard Break, Knee Slide Pass
Students: Justin, Evan (New Guy)

Covered for Jerad today with a pretty small class which can be a great thing sometimes.  It was Evan's first class with us but he had trained a little bit previously.  It was business as usual and ran them through a regular warm-up and the techniques of the week.
  •  Headlock escape: Once you get their head to the floor bring your arm out from underneith you to provide a base to get out of the headlock with.
  • Kneeling Guard Break: Keep your arm straight slacker
  • Knee Slide Pass: Point your knee to straighten out your body and get your hips to the floor as quickly as possible
Had them roll from guard and then a free roll and they both did well.  I limited my coaching to just some helpful hints as I didn't want to overwhelm either of them. Unfortunately they both had to leave directly after class and I didn't save enough time for me to get a chance to roll with either of them.  Hopefully I made a good enough impression on Evan for him to return.






No comments:

Post a Comment