Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 13th 2016 - Gi Advanced

Theme & Techniques: Passing Spider Guard: Split Pass, Leg Drag
Partner: Shane

Spider guard is something I haven't worked a long time and it really showed today.  I enjoyed working the split pass especially the leg drag variation.  The thing that I needed to work on most was posting my rear leg out as that felt the most unnatural.

Rolling: Spider Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Shane, Darijo, Lucas, Adam, Mike

Super tough class for me. I felt like I was holding my breath the whole time concentrating on spider guard. Lasso helped a little as I have some go to techniques from there.

From the top I felt like I should have attempted the passes that we worked on with more initiative, but I felt like that would be expected. I didn't do much better with the other passes that I know. Besides making my way to being able to pressure or get to half guard.


No comments:

Post a Comment