Saturday, July 16, 2016

July 16th 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Lucas, Derek, Daniel, Bhuvana

Not a lot of students today due to the state games taking place. I haven't heard too many good things about the experience though from the people who went.

Some tough rolls off the bat. Considering that Lucas and Derek both have years of wrestling and size on me, I'd say I do pretty well.

Lucas: He started off challenging himself and playing guard which he hasn't done with me in the past. I was able to pass his guard but then had to deal with him getting to turtle. I made the mistake of getting a deep grip on his lapel which led him to roll to the top. I was on the bottom for the rest of the time sometimes in guard sometimes not. I threatened an omoplata but messed up the transition to submit and he was able to stack and pass.

Derek: Started off well with him and eventually ended up in an omoplata position but had a tough time finishing it. I also screwed up a deep half guard sweep as I attempted it before I had a good position.  He was able to stack and escape it and I was defending from the bottom for the rest of the time until he caught me with a baseball bat choke.

Daniel: Had quite a few rolls with him, and some back and forth.  He's pretty good at going for the lock down in half guard and I did everything i could to avoid it.  He seems most comfortable in half guard.

Bhuvana: We did some guard retention and she did quite well.  We worked on a knee slide defense with kneeing them in the butt to come up. I worked on the Japanese Necktie and showed my arm triangle to NS Choke, then she worked on the arm triangle for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment