Tuesday, July 12, 2016

July 12th 2016 - No Gi All Levels (Bachelor Week 2016 Part 2)

I will be training as much as I can for another full week due to my wife and kids going out of town to see my in-laws.  Before anyone asks, everything is fine, they're just bored at home while school is out and I'm at work all day.  So cheap vacation to grandpas mixes things up a bit.  So I'll get in some more training and fix some things around the house and also try to get in some video game playing time. 

Theme & Techniques: Half Butterfly Kimura
Partner: Bhuvana

Great info put forth by Mike today.  Kimura from half guard is something that I play around with occasionally, so it's good to get some extra details.  Bhuvana was pretty excited that the techniques look more difficult than they are during instruction, especially the back take magic trick. 

Rolling: Half Butterfly KOTM
Rolled With: Jordan, Daniel, Tom, Jesus, Mike, Justin

Had some good tough rolls, but it was half guard so I did my best to maintain my crown at all costs.  I'm really feeling good about the limp arm from dog fight since Mike showed it last week I've found a couple of uses for it where I would normally try a roll back sweep but instead I'm attacking the back so I'll keep that in my hip pocket. 

Office Hours Partner: Mike

We discussed a few of those Cyborg techniques and half guard in general and had a good conversation about teaching.  Well gotta run so I can get something to eat before the next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment