Thursday, July 14, 2016

July 14th 2016 - No Gi Advanced

Theme & Techniques: Darce Choke, Japanese Necktie
Partner: Jellybean

Haven't practiced the Darce for a while, It'll come up during rolling every now and again but it's not something I setup on purpose.

I think the Japanese Necktie may be my new favorite choke.  It was a little deceptive as when I've seen it done it looked like it was difficult to control. It seems perfect for my shorter arms.

Rolling: Side Control, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Adam, Mo, Mike, Jerad

Side control with Adam was challenging from top and bottom, at least in gi I feel like I have a little more control. It's good for me though and I need the adversity to get better.

With Mo I found a new north/south setup off of the armpit cross face, can't wait to try it a few more times and show it to Greg.

With both Mike and Jerad had some opportunities to sweep with x-guard but failed miserably. Mike and discussed it after class.

We had a couple of wrestlers visit class today and it was a pleasure for a few of us watching Henry getting taken down after class. Seemed like some good guys that would be good additions to the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment