Friday, July 1, 2016

July 1st 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Americana from Mount, Paper Cutter Choke
Partner: Josh J.

Conan had us do a few setup variations on the two techniques which lined up more with how he completes them.  With the americana it was more about push their head to their shoulder and using the finger walk method to move their arm up into position.  The paper cutter choke we did by trapping their arm and then using our own gi to go around the back of their neck.  Very sneaky.

Rolling: Side Control, Mount, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Conan, Jeff, Josh

We did some rotating to roll a little bit with everyone.  Josh did great at defending and we went a couple rounds where he kept me from submitting him.  There were a couple times with Jeff that I gave him pointers because he was close to something but was going to miss the opportunity.  Afterward he made a comment to the effect of "yes, I can submit you if you stop fighting and talk me through everything!"

Conan felt like a beast and gave me a hell of a time when he was on top.  There was a point where he had me in a head and arm position under the armpit and I was miserable and wanted to tap from pressure and being smothered.




No comments:

Post a Comment