Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 30th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Double Leg, Americana from Mount, Paper Cutter Choke
Students: Jordan, Bhuvana, Frank, Harvey

Another successful day of teaching.  Looking at the curriculum for the day I decided to try out an idea.  I taught the techniques in reverse order from usual and then chained them together as the next one was taught.  First was Americana from mount which everyone in class is pretty well familiar with.  Then covered the paper cutter choke.  After they did some reps with the choke I had the person defend the choke and top person transition into mount and attack the americana.  Finally we worked on the double leg takedown like we normally do.  Then put all three techniques together taking down with double leg transitioning into side mount then going right into the paper cutter choke and finally to mount and americana.  Everyone in class said they enjoyed the exercise.  I'll keep my eye out for other weeks that this can come together like this.

Rolling: Side Control, Mount, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Jordan, Frank, Harvey

Had some good rolling with everyone.  My main focus from the top was to go for the paper cutter from side control and the cross collar choke when in mount.  I felt pretty good with my attempts to setup both of these.  I gave Jordan some shit about bridging straight up instead of into me and once he changed that, he did a lot better. 

Office Hours Partner: Harvey

Harvey wanted to help with avoiding having his back taken while in the top of half guard.  Mostly what he was describing was getting arm dragged so I showed him what I like to do from the top which is cover the hip and attack for underhook and cross face while avoiding their underhook and avoiding them transitioning into full guard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment