Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 23rd 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Standing Headlock Defense to Hammerlock, Mount: Elbow Escape, Armbar
Students: Bhuvana, Byrav

It turned out to be a family private class for Bhuvana and Byrav.  We got attiquette reps for the techniques and it went rather smoothly with a few corrections here and there.  I showed a variation on the armbar from a failed americana that when they pull it back across to their chest but the double wrist grab grip remains.  We also had a bit of discussion on breaking grips in the armbar and trying to eliminate space when stepping over the head.

Rolling: Mount Position, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Both of them

I had them roll together from mount and gave Byrav some coaching.  I free rolled with both of them after that.  Bhuvana did a good job of keeping a hold of my foot in quarter guard I had to work to get it free.  After rolling I told her she would have been better served trying to go for an underhook in the process.  Byrav I practiced my new found cross choke thanks to Jerad a few times and talked him through defending and attacking the other times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment