Thursday, June 16, 2016

June 16th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: O Goshi, Back Mount: Cross Choke & Bow and Arrow
Students: Ben, Bob, Jesus, Ian

I have returned.  I took a week off since my back felt tight, it's much better but still not 100%.  Today was a feel out day and it went pretty well.  I teach tomorrow as well so we'll see how I feel at 6 am. 

Gave a little advice on doing shrimps during the warm-up.  I told everyone that they should be able to do either side with each leg.  It seems like a lot of people only shrimp one way and I think it's beneficial to  Had a couple of extra drills after warm-up with side control side to side no hands drill and then side control circles with knee on belly, and finally stand up guard break.


Rolling: 8 Minute Drill
Rolled With: Ben

We had enough time to do the 8 minute hell drill with 2 minutes defending from 5 bad position (Mount, Back Mount, Side Control, Turtle).  Glad I was able to introduce this to Ian and Jesus.  I found that I escaped to deep half from every position except turtle.  After class Ben and I discussed my tactics for escaping bottom of turtle and how to sit to guard from there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment