Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 29th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Double Leg, Americana from Mount, Paper Cutter Choke, Curriculum Refresh
Student: Tom

As 10 am was approaching I was getting a little worried that no one would show up today, but Tom came to the rescue.  After a quick warm-up and breezing through the techniques of the week, we looked at the blue belt curriculum and went over some of the details of the guard stuff.  From all of the beginner classes I've taken, I feel like I know this material very well.  Most of the things were very minor criticisms that had more to do with the way it's taught in our school as he has learned variations other places.

Rolling: Free Rolling

We rolled a few times.  He worked a bit on spider guard as I tried to pass it.  I worked for the cross collar choke from mount Jerad style.  I wasn't able to complete it but it helped open up for other attacks.  His defenses are getting better and he's making me work harder to catch him.  We went over a few things that happened in the roll like escaping back mount to the wrong side and maintaining a spider hook to regain guard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment