Friday, June 17, 2016

June 17th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Side Control Escaping
Rolling: Side Control, Free Rolling
Students: Ty

Just Ty and I this morning so I asked him if there was anything that he wanted to work on.  He suggested bottom of side control which is everyone's problem.  I taught what works for me with getting underhook, controlling the cross face, elbow push escape, and bridging with breath control.  It seemed like he caught on pretty quickly to what I was putting down and commented that I "tripled his possibilities from side control."   We also went over some top side control stuff and talked about the attacks that we both like.

We rolled from side control a few times and he attempted and succeeded at some of the escapes we worked on.  I think the elbow push will treat him pretty well.  We free rolled to finish off class and he gave me a little bit of trouble with his flexibility and being able to invert and get his legs in my way.  All in all a good practice and I'm glad he showed up this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment