Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 25th 2016 - Kids & Open Mat

Kids Class
Technique: Back Mount Cross Collar Choke
Rolling/Game: Back Mount

My kids were a little tired from spending the night at Grandma's. Greg had them do a "Death by Crawling" exercise where they did 3 laps around the mat with backwards alligators, forward alligators and bear crawls. They did great.

The collar choke was a little tough for them but it was good as an introduction. I eventually had them do it from their knees instead which helped quite a bit.

Open Mat
Rolled With: Mike, Josh J, Henry
Game Plan: Cross Collar Choke

Mike: Went with Mike a few times no gi. He had my number today.  I had a hell of a time passing his guard and defending ankle locks.  I felt like I did some good things regardless. We discussed rolling to escape the heel hook and it's something I need to make automatic.

Henry: Had a couple good rolls with Henry as usual.  Our second roll had a nice scramble when he setup a kimura grip from half guard, there was some back and forth as we rolled around but I made a mistake going to deep half and he was able to torque it.

Josh: He asked me some help with North/South chokes and I was happy to oblige.  Focused mostly on setting it up from side control or knee on belly and controlling the chin.

During rolling I attempted the cross collar several times but he defended well, at least I was able to transition into something else with it.

We also worked on bow and arrow choke from side mount and more North/South choke.  He showed me the video of his tournament match where he used cross guard. Very cool to see someone use something i helped with.

No comments:

Post a Comment