Friday, June 3, 2016

June 3rd 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: O-Soto Gari, Half Guard Knee Slide Pass, Turtle Granby Roll
Students: Craig, Jeff, Brian M

Bought myself one of these: Back Buddy and couldn't be happier. My back was super tight after all of the training the night before and I was able to use it to get some knots out. I was stiff when I woke up too so I used it again and I was able to roll where I don't think i was going to be able to otherwise.

Since I had taught the same material 3 days in a row I added in a few extra things. We worked on transitioning to the mounted triangle and the hip switch pass. Both came up organically through the course of training.

Rolling: Half Guard, Turtle, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Everyone

Took it easy rolling but didn't feel any significant back pain.  I'm thinking about focusing on head lock position defense as I feel like I'm still lacking there.

Office Hours Partner: Craig, Jeff

We had a good conversation about various things and hung out for a long time after class. I showed Jeff some more half guard tidbits. He made it seem like I blew his mind with a couple of the ideas that I showed. One of the best feelings as a teacher.



No comments:

Post a Comment