Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June 1st 2016 - Gi Advanced

Theme & Techniques: Hip Bump to Triangle
Partner: Henry

Had a rough time tonight it was already hot in the school when I got there and the warm-up was super tough.  My gi got soaked and I was probably dehydrated from how much sweating I did from this class and the 10 am class.  I'll have to plan a little better tomorrow to make sure I get plenty of water and sustenance.

The triangle transition was fun.  Instead of bringing the arm over the shoulder we grabbed the back of the collar instead and invited them to post out during the sweep attempt. From there we climbed up the back and brought the leg out and over their arm to lock up the triangle. Omoplata was also a valid option from what I saw.

Rolling: Closed Guard KOTM, Shark Tank Tournament goers
Rolled With: Mike, Tyler, Adam, Derek, Henry, David, Justin

I started as one of the first out and did pretty well the first 3 rounds, then I had a pretty bad cramp under my rib. It took a while to recover from that plus feeling exhausted didn't help and I made some mistakes that I shouldn't have. Tyler especially surprised me a few times.

I was going to stay for the beginner class but felt too wiped and a little discouraged from my performance in advanced class and decided to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment