Thursday, June 2, 2016

June 2nd 2016 - Gi Beginner & No Gi Advanced

Gi Beginner 
Theme & Techniques: O-Soto Gari, Half Guard Knee Slide Pass, Turtle Granby Roll
Partner: Henry

Gonna make this a quick one. Had a good time working the techniques with Henry. After the guard pass we transitioned into either the quickest or the coolest submissions we could think of.

Rolling: Half Guard, Turtle
Rolled With: Henry, Wes

During my roll with Henry I move to a double leg and when I pushed with my head my upper back got super tight. So I dealt with that the rest of the night.

Did turtle with Wes who I hadn't met before, apparently he switched places with Ross. Seems like a friendly guy.  He did a pretty good job from the top of turtle with messing with collar grips.

No Gi Advanced 
Theme & Techniques: Guillotines from Headlock position and Closed Guard
Partner: Mark

Got to work with our visitor Mark and I think he had a pretty good time with the class. After class he said he was impressed with Mike and Jerad.

I had worked on the first technique a couple of weeks ago so I was familiar with it. I felt great about getting into position with my shin.

The second was new to me. We got an underhook and off to the side. If they grab the bicep we bring the arm over to hand it off to the overhooked hand. From there we release the guard and sit up into the guillotine. I like it.

Rolling: Closed Guard KOTM, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Quite a few people

Rolling is a bit of a blur. Just trying not to injure myself further and take it easy. I did some good things and got passed and swept a few times.  Had some good rolls with Jerad, Charles, and Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment