Friday, July 22, 2016

July 22nd 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Seio Nage, Double Ankle Sweep, Butterfly Guard Hook Sweep
Partner: Nick

Nick is becoming my new training partner buddy for morning classes.  He and I were drilling the double ankle sweep and the hook sweep and seemed to get in a rhythm.  I would sweep him, get up and get into his guard and he would sweep me and repeat.  We almost got our cardio in as Conan commented that we looked to be getting a workout.

Rolling: Butterfly Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Nick

We had a newer female in class so Conan decided to have me just work with Nick and Jordan work with Helena.  For her third class she seemed to do quite well with the exercises and stuff, hopefully she sticks around.

Rolling was fun and challenging.  It seems like we mostly fought from half guard and there was a lot of back and forth.  I think what I really need to work on is defending knee slide as I find myself there often, not only with Nick but a lot with Jerad and Conan too.  I tried to work some lapel stuff but was unable to get the grips I wanted through his pressure.  Regardless it's great for me to have another person to challenge me in the morning classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment