Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 12th 2016 - Takedowns & Gi All Levels

No Gi Takedowns
Theme & Techniques: Russian: Inside Trip, Single Leg
Partner: Brett, Cat

Nice couple of techniques although the trip was a little difficult for everyone at first. It's a little bit of an odd movement but I can see how it can be used in conjunction with other techniques.

Single leg was business as usual I feel probably the best about this wrestling technique I just need to find my way(s) of setting it up.

Rolling: Takedown Sparring
Rolled With: Brett, Adam, Cat

We did a few rounds a piece and I realized that I don't feel like I have any setups that are mine, at least. I'm more reactive than proactive and I think I need a few no gi high percentage setups.

Gi All Levels 
Theme & Techniques: Standing Guillotine Defense Against Wall, Kneeling Guard Break, Double Under Hook Pass
Partner: Josh M, Justin

Apparently during training we knocked some stuff down from the shop next door not sure if it was due to practicing the guillotine against the wall or not but the guy came over and complained.

I need to get to bed so I'll make the technique tips short. Guillotine Defense: Keep posture throughout; Kneeling Break: Keep your arm straight; Double Under: Tight elbow.

Rolling: Guard KOTM
Rolled With: Greg, Josh, Shane, Dave, Henry, John, Bryan M, Conor, Probably others

Did some good things from top and bottom guard. Lot of opportunities for cross guard omoplata sweeps and 2 on 1. From the top I attempted standing passes several times and had to deal with Greg and Henry attempting lumberjack sweeps.

I also attempted tozi but failed several times. I'd get into position but would worry about my arm getting trapped. Greg showed me that I didn't need to worry about it too much because of the position. I'm going to work on this more this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment