Friday, July 15, 2016

July 15th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Spider Guard Passes
Partner: Nick (Visitor)

Nick, another purple belt visitor, may become a permanent student as he just moved here from San Diego.  He trained at ATOS where he trained with a few people I've heard of, which is awesome.  It's fantastic that we've had all of these purple belts visit recently and it's giving me a larger sample size to see what purple belt skill is like.

Due to the class size we went over the same passes from Wednesday advanced class which was great.  The biggest problem had practicing the split pass today was trying to get my knee on the ground.

Rolling: Spider Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Nick, Dave, Conan

Felt better about my spider guard, Nick and I both did good things and I noticed that he also had good pressure like the other purple belts that I've met.

Had fun rolling with Dave and gave him some pointers here and there. I plan to go over grips with him from guard next time I see him.

Conan smashed me pretty well and kept me on defensive for most of our roll.  After class I showed him my new Arm Triangle to NS Choke thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment