Friday, August 19, 2016

August 19th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Koshi Guruma, Ezekiel from Mount & Top Half Guard
Students: Craig, Ryal, Jason (New)

Had a prospective new student today that did a pretty good job.  He said he got interested in BJJ because a friend at a party rolled with everyone and he thought it was fun.  That's a new one and I never suspected that would actually work. 

When we partnered up for technique drills I mostly worked with Justin, he had a little bit of trouble figuring out how to apply pressure during the choke which is understandable since he hasn't done it before. 

Rolling: Mount, Half Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Everyone

Once we started rolling Jason turned it up a bit where I kind of thought he may be more compliant.  He wasn't a dangerous spaz or anything just felt like a 180 from how we were drilling techniques.  We had a few discussions during class about positions and what he wanted to accomplish. 

Had a good time rolling with Ryal and Craig and tried to spam ezekiels when I could.  There was a point when free rolling I allowed Ryal to pass my guard.  I could tell he felt uneasy about it.  I told him it wasn't a trap I just wanted to work on my side control escapes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment