Saturday, September 10, 2016

September 10th 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Lucas, David K, Jerad, Craig, Bob, Bhuvana, Justin
Game Plan: Deep Half Sweeping, Grip Fighting

Had a good tough day of rolling.  Still had quite a few people considering it's a Husker football game day.

After a few rolls with Jerad we discussed the path I'm on and how I'm getting better at setting the pace. I need to stay the course so I can roll longer and avoid hitting a wall.

I had several rolls that made my forearms burn from gripping trying to choke or grip fight for sleeves.  David especially gave me trouble here.

Worked Tia Toshi with Bob and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I helped him with basic bottom half and getting the underhook.

Had some success with the NS choke today but also need to research different ways to finish it. Pulled off a few deep half sweeps and attempted the Faria half guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment