Saturday, September 24, 2016

September 24th 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Clint, Nick, Kevin, Frank, Bhuvana, Tom
Game Plan: Half Guard

It was a good day on the mats. I had quite a few tough rolls.

I told Clint that he had gotten a lot better since rolling with him 2 weeks ago. He was defending my NS Choke well and defending better in general.

Rolled with Kevin for the first time and it's been a long time since I have felt so outclassed athletically.  I did some good things (waiter sweep, back take) but had a hard time maintaining good positions that I ended up in. Makes me want to work on no gi and wrestling more.

Felt like I rolled well against Nick and was effective with my over/under. I got the impression a couple times that somehow he was making me make mistakes somehow. Difficult to explain but there were a couple of techniques that I'm good at that I didn't do quite as technically due to slight adjustments on his part.

Drilled cross guard with Tom giving him a crash course on it. He took to it pretty well, I may have talked him into making it his guard.

Frank and I rolled a few times and then worked on knee on belly and NS choke defenses.

I worked on quite a few things with Bhuvana and rolled a few times. She's at the point where she's overwhelmed with potential plethora of techniques that she could work on. We did loop choke, NS Choke, and talked a lot about getting a good underhook.

No comments:

Post a Comment