Tuesday, September 13, 2016

September 13th 2016 - No Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Knee Wedge Guard Break, Straight Footlock, Footlock Defense
Partner: Bhuvana

Always good to cover the straight footlock.  I am getting better with going to single leg x on the ground or I guess it's called ashi garami (not sure if I'm crazy about needing to learn more Japanese names). 

Bhuvana did quite well with the footlock.  We did have to work on the guard break a little.  One suggestion that I made was to think about it like doing the downward dog stretch in yoga.  That made sense to her. 

Rolling: KOTM Closed Guard


For some reason hip bump sweep was working for me today and I spammed it a few times.  Also went for k-guard and had some success with that leading to triangles and omoplatas.  Of course if all else fails guillotines are a no gi staple. 

Office Hours Partner: Justin, Mike

Went over BJ Penn's chair sit in half guard from BJJ Scout video (below).  We both found it very effective in transitioning to mount.  Rolled with Justin a few times and went over the marcelotine version of the guillotine.  He seemed very interested in it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment