Wednesday, September 14, 2016

September 14th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: O-Goshi, Closed Guard: Cross Choke, Armbar
Partner: Tom

Small class today so we had an abbreviated warm-up and technique portion.  We each went over different setups for the armbar.  We worked on O-Goshi a few rounds and then I showed Tom the Tai Toshi that I've been working on.  It felt pretty good in practice. 

Rolling: Free Rolling Starting from Standing
Rolled With: Tom

I made the request to work on more stand-up sparring in the smaller classes like this one since we have the room and we're not doing it that often.  Jerad thought it was a good idea so we pretty much did tournament style matches starting from the feet and then going to submission.

I didn't do the best standing or to rephrase Tom did quite well.  I was a little focused on trying to get to the Tia Toshi position and Tom does a good job of tripping and getting a single leg.  Makes me want to do more stand-up sparring.   He's getting better at defending my NS choke in that I had to do some extra setups to get it once and kept me from doing it several times.  We went over the over/under pass and how to defend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment