Thursday, September 22, 2016

September 22nd 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Standing RNC Defense to O-Soto Gari, Kneeling Guard Break to Single Under Pass
Partner: Jordan

Apparently I missed an arrow on the curriculum and taught the wrong self defense technique yesterday.  We were supposed to work on the RNC defense since we did the other one a couple weeks ago to keep them closer together. 

Jordan and I took some liberties with the techniques and worked on the knee over pass and split pass after going over the single under pass several times.  We only started the split pass after he told me to do my worst to make him uncomfortable during the pass.

Rolling: Closed Guard, Guard Shark Tank for me
Rolled With: Jordan, Evan, Bob

After our first couple rounds of rolling, the herd thinned out because people had to head back to work.  Greg suggested that I play guard and have Evan and Jordan try to pass it over and over.  Not sure how many rounds I did but it did the trick of getting me a good workout.  I did some good work with cross guard and 2 on 1 as well as throwing in some open guard and hip bump and scissor sweep attempts.  A couple times I ended up in triangle position and my partner postured way up.  I used the hand stand sweep method that I've seen Mike do to great effect.  I think this may be a new addition to my guard game.  Afterward Greg said he was happy that I was incorporating the triangle into my cross guard and thought it would help to improve my omoplata game.

No comments:

Post a Comment