Wednesday, September 7, 2016

September 7th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Scissor Sweep, Farside Armbar, Escaping North/South
Partner: Tom

Since there was just Jerad, Tom, and I we didn't spend too much time on the techniques of the week.  What it did turn into was Jerad showing Tom how to beat my north/south choke.  I guess I've finally arrived when a class can be dedicated to beating a part of my game.  I remember several years ago Conan would have a class and say something like "this is how you stop Ray from doing this"  Those classes didn't always help because Ray was going to do what he was going to do, but over a period of time it will help.

I also asked Jerad about his half guard against bigger guys and got some good thoughts on using butterfly half to get to full butterfly rather than using a deep knee shield like I usually like to do.

Rolling: Free Rolling
Rolled With: Jerad, Tom

Had some great rolls with both of them and did some good things.  While I sat out I tried to coach Tom through some of his roll and he said he appreciated it after as he wasn't thinking about some of the things I was saying before I said it, in particular a cross face from top half guard.  Had a close baseball bat choke on Jerad and a decent deep half guard sweep.  Tom gave me the most trouble he ever has in our second roll. 




No comments:

Post a Comment