Friday, September 2, 2016

September 2nd 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques:  Side Control: Americana, Bridge to Knee in to Recover Guard, Transition to Mount
Students: Jordan, Craig, Steven, Ben, Tim, Jesus, Evan

Got to teach class again and was happy with the turnout on a Friday morning.  Had them do the best case scenario drill (which I need to find a better name for) and Jordan helped me get everyone through it.  I think a few of them realized that they need a game plan for tournaments.

Taught the same techniques as Greg since several people used O-soto gari for their takedown and they looked fine.  Probably the thing I thought people needed the most improvement on was their bridge and hip escape combination, but I think that comes with time.

Rolling: Up/Down/Out Side Control, Free Rolling


Very cool to have enough people to do 3 groups of up/down/out.  Saw a lot of good escapes and transitions to mount.  I played some knee on belly and went for the transition to mount several times.  Got to coach a few people and tried to evenly spread out my comments.  

Office Hours Partner: Jordan

Went over twister side control since it occurred during rolling.  Showed him the position and transitioning to mount and the basic back take.  Mostly emphasized that when he's on the bottom he didn't want to give me his far leg.  We also went over the quarter guard rolling back take as I feel that's an easier technique to learn this movement from.  No one else wanted to stay and roll.


No comments:

Post a Comment