Saturday, September 3, 2016

September 3rd 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Bob, Nick, Derek M, Henry
Game Plan: Deep half & omoplatas

Bob and I worked on some foot sweeps and other Judo. I think I made some progress with tia toshi with an underhook.  Then we worked on armbar from mount half drilling half pressure testing.

I had asked Nick about some tips on omoplatas last week and he showed me a few today.  To prevent being stacked he likes to cross his feet at the ankles and extend his legs. I usually keep my legs triangled and try to push on their bicep which allows me to get stacked but this extends my body and makes it very difficult to get put on my back.

Had good tiring rolls with Derek and Henry. Did good things in both rolls.  Played a lot of half guard and tried my best to pace myself. Not sure if I was just having a bad day but I got gassed out with both of them and it makes me question what I can do to prevent that.

For the video of the day check out Bernardo Faria get 30 omoplata submissions in a row at a seminar. A goal to strive for!


No comments:

Post a Comment