Saturday, September 17, 2016

September 17th 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Clint, Justin, Andy, Ryal, Nick
Game Plan: Active Guard, Wrestling during Scrambles

Had a good, exhausting open mat and may have helped a few people along the way. I did a good mix of gi and no gi.

I went over NS Choke with Clint and showed Justin how to escape it.  A new setup for it has presented itself to me as well recently. Sometimes in side control as I'm trying to setup a kimura I'm able to get their head on my thigh it gives a path to a deep NS Choke.

Fought through a couple of good scrambles from Justin and Clint. They both were able to escape my mount at one point by underhooking my leg. Normally I would attempt a mounted triangle but they both were able to avoid that. I might ask Jerad if he has a solution to this.

Andy had me worried about some guillotines that I had to hand fight and wait out.  Played some deep half as well and had stand off.

With Ryal I experimented with kimura from bottom half, I couldn't step over his head like I was hoping for but I was able to sweep with it.

Toughest roll of the day was with Nick I was already tired but he insisted on one last roll. I think he had an agenda of setting up a calf cutter or at least that's what he ended up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment