Friday, February 10, 2017

February 10th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Week 1 O-Soto Gari, Side Control: Knee Across Escape, Americana
Partner: Jesus, Craig

Not much to add to previous posts this week.  Mostly helped with bridging and hip shifting with the side control escape.  Conan added a little to the americana by rolling weight down when their arm is greater than a 90 degree angle.

Rolling: Side Control, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Conan, Ryal, Craig, Jesus, Morgan

Conan was on point with his side control escapes.  Only toward the end was I able to get somewhere.  I escaped his side control once within the time limit and he got mount the other time. 

Other rolls went well, and I don't think I was in danger of getting submitted.  I hit a lasso sweep, an americana, had a good transition to back mount and then bow and arrow at one point (or maybe that was yesterday?).  I also had a nice exchange with Jesus where I attempted several submissions and ended up in an armbar from the bottom of guard.  He said "that was cool" and I had to agree.

Office Hours Partner: Morgan

Worked with Morgan on loop choke after I caught him once.  He seemed to like it and do it well.  He complimented my half guard and said I felt like a rock in that position (I think that's good). 



No comments:

Post a Comment