Friday, February 10, 2017

February 10th 2017 - MMA

Theme & Techniques: Roundhouse
Partner: Richard

I can already tell I'm going to be sore tomorrow.  Today was all about the roundhouse and to add insult to injury we did several laps of different types of lunges.
Nick taught the roundhouse a little different than I'm used to from my Hapkido days. The kicks that he has taught so far are more straight legged where most of my past kicks were done with a tight chamber.  I have to relearn some things.

We did some back and forth with 1-2 combo to clinch to shoulder push to hook, then kicking the legs, and adding in checking the kick.

We ended up not sparring but did 5 times up and down the mat with roundhouses and it was super tough cardio wise.  Robert helped me out with some encouragement.


No comments:

Post a Comment