Friday, February 24, 2017

February 24th 2017 - MMA (G & P)

Theme & Techniques: Stance Work, Ground and Pound: Guard break, Working to technical stand-up
Partner: Clint

I had asked about doing ground and pound type stuff at the end of last class and my request was fulfilled.  We did some movement stuff on the feet avoiding being in a side stance and kept our posture in an athletic stance.

Then we did a standing guard break by popping up to the feet and using our knee to open the guard and throw some strikes and finally pass.  It seemed to be natural for me to move to neon belly.

From the bottom our objective was to control the elbows and climb up and pull them down in close.  Then work to make space kick away and technical stand-up.

We also did a super secret technique that I will not divulge.

Sparring: Guard
Sparred With: Jerad, Mike, Will, Nick, Henry

Rolling was more stressful any bad mistake results in getting punched in the face repeatedly. I did some good things but also made some critical mistakes.  There were a few times I should have tried to stand up rather than attempt submissions from the bottom.





No comments:

Post a Comment