Thursday, February 16, 2017

February 16th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Week# 2 Standing RNC Seio Nage Defense, Farside Armbar From Side Control, Scissor Sweep
Partner: Jeff

Not that many people in class today, where's everyone been at?  At times I felt like I was giving Jeff too many details but he asked me good questions and wanted to make sure he was doing things right.  Helped him with landing better during the shoulder throw.  For the scissor sweep we worked on both the regular way and the knee push way.    

Rolling: Guard Shark Tank
Rolled With: Jesus, Jeff

Since there were just 3 of us rolling we each got 7 minutes in the bottom of guard with the other two switching out half way.  Saw Jesus do some good things as far as setting up triangles and maintaining guard, but he had a hard time finishing the triangle.  I gave him some pointers on underhooking the leg and stuff like that to prevent getting stacked. 

I didn't have too many issues rolling from top or bottom. Jeff's size and strength are a factor but it gives me confidence that I can handle someone like him.

Office Hours Partner: Jeff

Showed Jeff the standing guard break as he was pretty much just trying to go straight through guard instead of trying to break it open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment